Quote of the Week

Take a shower, shine your shoes/ You got no time to lose/ You are young men you must be living/ So go now you are forgiven.
-The General, Dispatch

Friday, July 29, 2011

I Need Your Opinion On Something - Help Me Out?

"I hate having to translate all of the hard books." Skeet sighs and pushes the tome in front of him towards the growing heap of discarded books. He looks at me pointedly.

"The reason you get all of the hard books is because you're the only person who can read them." I say, puffing up my cheeks as I tried to decipher what the hell was written on the page in front of me. It looks like a chicken had walked across the page having a seizure. "You're the only person I know who decided to learn Conversational Elvish just for shits and giggles."

"Snick, how many times do I have to tell you? There is no such thing as Conversational Elvish." Skeet glowers at me over the latest book he's taken from the designated 'Skeet Stack'.

"If there was, he'd have learned it by now!" chuckles Bet. "But it doesn't hurt that you do know Latin. Latin is such an important language." She says it almost reverently, stroking the spine of a book, getting lost in thought.

"Latin is a pointless language," counters Beau, slamming another book shut. "It is horrible. There are cases for fricking nouns. Do you know how wrong that is? No wonder Latin died."

"It was suicide from self-hatred," says Skeet from behind a musty old journal.

The rest of us look at each other and burst out laughing.


* * * * * * * * * * *


So, that was a short scene that I have just written, literally on the spot, that may or may not end up in the book I'm currently writing. I just introduced most of the main characters.

I'm not going to say much about my book, I just wanted to see if you all thought that the Latin joke was funny. It may crop up in a different suit in the finished product, but for now I just want to know if you guys find it funny or not.

So, comment and tell me! Please! This is huge!!! I'm rarely let people read my stuff, so consider yourselves very privileged. Oh, and don't feed the walruses!

Parting joke:

Where did the rabbits go after their wedding?



On their BUNNYMOON!!!!



Ahahahahahaha....ha....ha.......haaaaaa. I'm done.

If I don't post ever again it's because I've fallen and I can't get up. God damn Life Alert button didn't work.

I'm really tired, so I'm just going to end this with an

I LOVE YOU ALL AND SEE YOU NEXT TIME.


I LOVE YOU ALL AND SEE YOU NEXT TIME!

Love,

L.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so privelaged!

    Yeah, I think it's pretty good. And the Latin joke WAS pretty good.

    The only suggestion I have is that you take out the line, "How many times do I have to tell you." Not the whole thing. Just those specific words. That line always spoils dialogue, making it sound artificial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It's really good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ya goon! If you liked it, tell me so!