Quote of the Week

Take a shower, shine your shoes/ You got no time to lose/ You are young men you must be living/ So go now you are forgiven.
-The General, Dispatch

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day

Hey there, I'm the Ramblemeister and welcome to Rambling Zombies. Today we're going to talk about pie, Pi and Albert Einstein.
Cool things about 3/14? Well, for starters, Albert Einstein was born today. Isn't that freaking awesome? I wonder if instead of cake he had pie for his birthday...
I know I would. An excuse to eat pie on days that do not begin with T and end with Hanksgiving? Sign me up.
But also, today was my first day back in school after Daylight Savings Time. So I kind of really don't like...
You know what?
I'm just going to say it.
I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.
It makes me feel jet lagged. I've never traveled out of my time zone! Me being jet lagged is a temporal anomaly because it can't have technically ever happened. Yet.
Why does it exist? Check out if you're nerdy like me here, for the history in the US, and here for the history of DST around the world.
But because I was so tired, I didn't sleep last night. I remember last checking the clock and it saying 12:15, which means in 24 Hour time that I was awake at 00:15 on 3/14, which makes 3/14/15. Hahaha, I'm a huge geek.
In 2015 I'm having a huge pie bake off on the fourteenth of march. Just you wait. It's going to be legen wait for it! Dary.
Well I've made myself sufficiently hungry. I want pie...
Another thought. Where did Pi come from? I should know this; I'm not in honors math for nothing. Well, if you're like me and want to know, click here for a very detailed Wikipedia on the history of Pi. Or don't. You could just go eat pie and be done with it.
Either way, happy Pi Day, and Happy Would-Be 132th Birthday Mr. Einstein!
Now I'm going to eat some pie.
I am,
Fondly and insanely yours,
The Ramblemeister

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ya goon! If you liked it, tell me so!