Quote of the Week

Take a shower, shine your shoes/ You got no time to lose/ You are young men you must be living/ So go now you are forgiven.
-The General, Dispatch

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Really Am Unimaginative

Alright, so I was going to post an essay about being ambiverted (brownies to those who know what I'm blathering about!) but it kind of died a long slow death, so I'm going to treat you to some poetry that I wrote. If you laugh, I'll be OK with this; my poems are supposed to be funny (ish).


DANCING WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN


i am not ashamed


to admit that I once danced


the the windows W I D E O P E N


in my underwear


i hope no one saw



Labyrinth


Sleep is a labyrinth, taking you


slowly


d


o


w


n


and


d


o


w


n


farther


beware the monster at the center


he eats kids

(and this one I'm making up on the spot; no hating)

SUMMER STORM
thunderstorms crash
bang
boom
outside the window of my house
outside the window of my soul
I watch as the rain
trickles
trickles
down from the sky
God must have tripped again
because ive never seen
the sky cry
like this


And I hope you enjoyed that.

I will be AWOL this weekend. It is my cousin's Bat Mitzvah on Saturday, and I have to journey to New Jersey.

If I never come back, pray for my soul.

Parting joke:

What do you call a detective in a bathtub?

Sherlock Foams!!!

Big sopping kisses to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ya goon! If you liked it, tell me so!