Quote of the Week

Take a shower, shine your shoes/ You got no time to lose/ You are young men you must be living/ So go now you are forgiven.
-The General, Dispatch

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sometimes You Have To Listen To Them

And by them, I do not mean the voices in your head.

Seriously, don't listen to them. Those guys never mean well. 'Jump off a cliff"? Really? Be imaginative, voices, and use proper grammar as well.

What I mean by 'sometimes you have to listen to them' is that sometimes you have to listen to your family. They do mean well.

Hokay, here's the scoop.

I am testing for my second-degree black belt in Kenpo Karate in little under a month. I am not ready. I'm not going to lie to myself or to you guys. I am not ready. And that scares the ever loving shit out of me. I want to pass this. I do. But I don't know what is going on with me lately, but I've just been so bored.

Bored with my life. Bored with school. Bored with my friends (thank the stars none of them read this). Bored with everything I do and everything I am. And that sucks, because now I have to do the creepy escape thing where I disappear into books and television and try to forget about my own life.

I've done that before. I just hit these periods where nothing is interesting anymore. Nothing makes me feel anything.

I know that this is deep and shit, and that some of you might not want to read me pouring my feelings out, and I get that. Feelings are tough. And talking about them is supposed to help and stuff but I feel like Antoine Roquentin. I am disgusted with everything.

That scares me. I like the feeling of having feelings. But sometimes I just hit these periods. It'll pass. I hope. I don't want to deal with this.

And I don't want you guys to deal with this either, so just forget everything I said.

Happy(ish)/Sardonic blogging will resume tomorrow.

Parting joke:

How many teenagers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Just two, but it would need to be a pretty big light bulb!

Ah, ah?

Shut up.

That was a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ya goon! If you liked it, tell me so!